West Park Weekly Updates!
- West Park High School
Week of Nov. 20
Posted by Briana Hurd on 11/20/2022 10:00:00 AM
Weekly Updates Archives
- Boys Basketball Game - 4:30pm F/JV; 7:30pm JF/V @ home vs. Center High School (Buy Online Tickets - cash not accepted)
- Girls Basketball Game - 5:30pm JV; 7:00pm V @ home vs. Mesa Verde High School (Buy Online Tickets - cash not accepted)
- No activities
- Happy Thanksgiving
- No activities
Things to Do Over Thanksgiving Break:
- West Park TV News Broadcast - watch our latest broadcast from our Media class aired last week!
- Extra! Extra! Take a look at the Panther Press (our new school newspaper) was just released!
- Fall Registration for Incoming 9th Graders - it's time for parents/guardians to complete the online registration for next year's Freshmen for the 2023-24 school year!
- Virtual Calming Room - stop by anytime to the district's virtual Calming Room where you can listen to calming sounds, partake in some past-time activities, and much more.
- Work on your college applications over the break. Apps for CSU and UC's close next week! Counselors will be offering extended office hours to assist any Senior the week after break (view flyer).
- This is a great time to finish the FAFSA - this is a federal form that is required by all students who enter any educational institution after high school (including community college, universities, private schools, certificate programs, etc.). Schedule about an hour and have your parents' tax filing handy. Click here for lots of help...
- Don't forget to complete your Personal Finance Course (required for graduation). Click here to sign up for your exam after the break.
- Complete your Sierra College apps!
- Sign up for Track & Field - Our Track & Field team is taking signups for our season which begins in February. Athletes should sign up ASAP at bit.ly/TrackPanthers in order to stay informed and up to date with information between now and the start of the season. (Coach: Mr. Hanan)
- Thinking about law enforcement? Get started now while in high school with the Police Explorers! Check out the monthly Counseling Newsletter pages 5-6.
- Canned Food Drive - We had triple the results from what we had hoped for with Mr. Dreyer's class in for the last minute win with more than 500 cans!!! Thank you, everyone, for the love and support while we help to restock the supply at the local food bank.
- Almost Maine - A huge shout-out to the students and families who brought our first fall performance to The Grove!