West Park Weekly Updates!
- West Park High School
Week of Nov. 6
Posted by Briana Hurd on 11/6/2022 10:00:00 AM
Weekly Updates Archives
- Daylight Savings Ends - set your clocks back!
Monday 11/7 *Wear College Gear*
- The Grove Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony at 7:45am
- College Visits (Student Union) - Sierra College (both lunches)
- Canned Food Drive - ends 11/18
- Math Peer Tutoring Center - 3:30-4:30 @ River 3rd floor
- Almost Maine Fall Play - tix on sale!
- College Visits (Student Union) - UC Merced (1st lunch); William Jessup (2nd lunch)
- CSU/UC App Help for *SENIORS* in the Student Union 3:20-4pm (every Tues/Thurs all of Nov)
- Math Peer Tutoring Center - 7:20-8:20 and 3:30-4:30 @ River 3rd floor
Wednesday 11/9 - Advisory/Late-Start Bell Schedule *Wear White*
- West Park Wednesday @ Lunch in Grove Quad
- White-Out: Wear white today!
- Pumpkin Bowling
- Wellness: Social Media Awareness
- Personal Finance Course Exam *SENIORS* 8-9:30am
- College Visits (Student Union) - Army Nat'l Guard (both lunches)
- CSU/UC App Help for *SENIORS* in the Student Union 3:20-4pm (every Tues/Thurs this month)
- Almost Maine Fall Play Opening Night!
- *No School Today* in observance of Veteran's Day
- Playoff Football Game vs. Nevada Union @ 7pm
- The Claw Student Section - "Snowstorm!" Wear your winter gear: snow gear, goggles, mittens, beanies, etc.!
- Almost Maine Fall Play
- FAFSA Friday! *SENIORS* Did you know that completing your FAFSA makes you eligible for federal work-study opportunities?!?!
- Almost Maine Fall Play
- Thanksgiving Break: Nov. 21-25
- Last day to submit CSU and UC applications 11/29
- News Broadcast - watch our latest broadcast from last week!
- Personal Finance Course Exam *SENIORS* - You can now sign up to take your exam on Wednesday mornings between 8-9:30am. This course and the final exam are required for graduation and must be completed by Spring! Click here for more details about this course on the district website.
- Yearbook Ads - last day to purchase a customized ad for your *SENIOR* is Nov. 19th!
- Canned Food Drive - WPHS is partnering with the Placer County Food Bank and holding a canned food drive from 10/31-11/18. Second period teachers will be the collectors of canned food items. Student Government will come around to every 2nd period at the beginning of class to collect canned food items. At the end of each week, one class will be declared a winner, and will receive donuts for that week. There will also be a grand prize winner of the entire competition who will receive a pizza party.
- One-Acts - Student-directed one-acts is preparing for auditions for the Feb performance. Auditions are 11/14 and 11/15 3:30-5:30pm in the Grove (must attend both dates). Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- LENAEA - Information meeting for our first Regional Theatre Competition will be held 11/17 at 3:30-3:45pm in The Grove.