West Park Weekly Updates!
- West Park High School
Week of Oct. 2
Posted by Briana Hurd on 10/2/2022 10:00:00 AM
Weekly Updates Archives
- College Gear Day! - wear college wear in honor of college kick-off month!
- AP Exams - on sale thru 11/1
- Math Peer Tutoring Center - 3:30-4:30 @ River 3rd floor
- Wellness Group Sign-Ups: see details below. Sign-ups end 10/14
- Grad Night 2023 - tickets on sale to Seniors thru 10/14 (Parent Volunteer Form)
- Financial Aid Night for *SENIORS* & their families! 6pm in the Gym
- Math Peer Tutoring Center - 7:20-8:20 and 3:30-4:30 @ River 3rd floor
- Regular Bell Schedule - No Late-Start or Advisory Today!
- Jostens Day @ Lunch for *SENIORS*
- Wellness Center @ Lunch - "Coping Skills Bingo" for students to complete and return for a chance to win prizes!
- Midterms Bell Schedule
- Math Peer Tutoring Center - 7:20-8:20 @ River 3rd floor
- Frosh Football vs. Nevada Union
- Midterms Bell Schedule
- Home Football Game vs. Nevada Union - PINK-OUT GAME and Staff BBQ Competition!!!
- FAFSA Friday! Did you know ALL *SENIORS* should complete the FAFSA? Nearly all schools, including community colleges, trade schools, private schools, and out-of-state schools require it!
- Band Competition @ Cosumnes Oaks High at 6pm ($10-15 entry)
- News Broadcast from Last Week 9/28 by the Media Class - highlights of awesome WP activities and previews of what is coming up!
- Senior Portraits *SENIORS* - the last day Seniors can get their photo taken and make it in the yearbook is Nov. 19th.
- Grad Night 2023 *SENIORS* - click on the link to learn more! Tickets on sale through Oct. 14th! (Parent Volunteer Form)
- AP Exams - Students enrolled in an AP class this fall semester may purchase their exams for May either online or in-person at the Finance Office. Must do so by Nov. 1st to avoid the $40 late fee. Students taking AP classes in the spring may purchase next semester. Click the link for more details.
- Financial Aid Night *SENIORS* - come out to the gym at 6pm this Tuesday, 10/4 to learn all about college applications and financial aid. Flyer 1, Flyer 2
- FAFSA & CSU Applications *SENIORS* - Now open!!!
- SAT's @ WPHS - We are now an official test center site and will be available for testing on 11/5 and 5/6 (open to the public). If you are planning on taking the SAT's, sign up through the College Board website.
- PSAT Day - October 25th all Sophomores will be taking the PSAT (free) as well as any Juniors who purchased the exam. School will start/end at the regular time. More details coming soon with testing rooms and details!
- Performing Arts
- Cabaret is now rescheduled for Jan. 19th at 7pm
- Fall Play - coming in November!
- ASVAB - Click here to learn more, sign-up, and get testing info! Test day is Wed. Oct. 12th.
- Wellness Center Therapy Groups - Students! We are now taking signups for various Wellness Groups. Sign up by Oct. 14th!
- Midterms This Week! - Remember, no late-start on Wednesday (same schedule as Monday and Tuesday), then we have the Midterm bell schedule (minimum days) on Thursday and Friday. Good luck, Panthers!
- Has your student been to the hospital? Please be sure to notify our Nurse if your student had any major medical incidents or traumatic experiences so we can be informed and see what needs he/she/they may need at school.