RJUHSD COVID Student Update 01-09-22
The District is committed to providing a safe and in-person learning environment for all of our students and staff. This message serves as a reminder of the current safety measures in place district-wide, as well as the most current updates to isolation and quarantine processes for the RJUHSD.
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and California Division of Occupational Safety & Health (Cal-OSHA) have recently (January 8, 2022) updated the isolation and quarantine guidance. Please review the following RJUHSD COVID processes.
(NEW) Students who test positive for COVID-19:
- Stay home for at least 5 days.
- Isolation can end after day 5 if symptoms are not present or are resolving and a diagnostic specimen (Antigen preferred) is collected on day 5 or later tests negative.
- If unable to test or choosing not to test, and symptoms are not present or are resolving, isolation can end after day 10.
- If fever is present, isolation should be continued until fever resolves.
- If symptoms, other than fever, are not resolving continue to isolate until symptoms are resolving or until after day 10.
- Wear a well-fitting mask around others for a total of 10 days, especially in indoor settings (see Section below on masking for additional information)
Students who are exposed (Close Contact at School) to someone with COVID-19):
- Parents will be notified
- Remain at school and self-monitor for symptoms
- Recommended testing between day 3-5 and again on day 7
- If symptoms develop after exposure, contact your healthcare provider or school nurse
- Remain at home and self-monitor
- Recommend a SARS-CoV-2 Test
- If not positive with COVID-19 or symptoms are from an underlying condition, a student may return after 24 hours without a fever and other symptoms have improved.
- Continue to mask appropriately at school
Reminders & Changes:
- FDA Emergency Use Authorized At-Home Tests (Rapid Antigen tests recommended) can be utilized to clear a student to return to school in the above scenarios.
- A negative FDA Emergency Use At-Home test result may also be used to return a student to school who is symptomatic, after 24 hours have passed and symptoms have resolved.
- RJUHSD will require students to submit an At-Home Test Validation Form to return to school with an At-Home Test result, fillable form here.
- Students/families should self-
screen for signs or symptoms of COVID-19 prior to coming to school
- Masks are required of all students and staff when indoors (Except for exempted individuals)
- Testing is available at all school sites throughout the week as an option for those choosing to take advantage of testing options. Both standard lower nasal swab PCR testing and salvia-based PCR testing is available. Please visit the district website (or see below) for weekly testing schedules and locations www.rjuhsd.us/
- If you were unable to pick up your student's free at home test kit, please visit your school nurse’s office.
- Athletic events, and school activities (drama shows, dance shows, choir shows, etc…) will require that guests wear masks and events will be limited to no more than 500 people.
Additional information regarding COVID test kits, quarantining, weekly testing options, and general information regarding COVID 19 can be found at the CDPH website current CDPH guidelines as well as the RJUHSD website, at www.rjuhsd.us