- Technology Services
- Approved Apps, Software, and Services
- Centralized Technology Purchasing
- Digital Citizenship
- Erate Year 22
- Aeries Access Control list
- Digital ADA Compliance
- Gmail Migration Info
- Outdoor Wi-Fi
- Password Recovery Security Questions Setup Guide
- Resetting Your Password Guide
- Instructions for the Centralized Technology Purchasing Process
- How To Use Helpdesk
- District Email iPhone Setup Guide
- Chromebook Update Guide
- Connecting to Rhs-BYOD on Iphone/Ipad
- Adding Your Teacher Website To Homelink Guide
- Connecting to the Rhs-Network using Windows 10
- Cloud Printing Manuals
- Student Resources
- Technology Staff
- Roseville Joint Union High School District
- Technology Services
Gmail Transition Survey
We are seeking your feedback as we prepare for the transition from Outlook to Google for all email and calendaring functions. In order to create a process that is smooth and supportive, it is vital that we hear from all staff. Please take a moment to complete the survey here: https://goo.gl/forms/xhB1wdjG3G2TROFX2
The district technology leadership team will use your feedback to map out the transition plan.
- We are a student focused organization and the transition to Gmail and Google calendar will provide the best set of cloud based tools that will enhance student-teacher communication.
- This transition will provide the greatest level of integration with our online learning systems.
- By using Google platform across the entire organization it will offer greater levels of access, efficiency and consistent tools across our district.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Will the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.) still be available?
- Yes, Microsoft Office suite will remain a valuable productivity tool installed on all district PC’s.
How long has RJUHSD been planning for this transition?
- We have been a Google Apps for Education district since 2013 and have deployed over 10,000 Chromebooks to our students and staff.
- The District Technology Team (DTT) has recommended this transition since 2015. DTT is comprised of administrators, teachers, site technology coordinators and librarians.
Has there been a pilot?
- Adelante staff and students have solely used Gmail/google calendar since Fall 2016.
- We have a cohort of district staff piloting Gmail/Calendar since 2017
What other districts in the area have switched?
- Our K-8 partner districts (Roseville City, Eureka, Dry Creek) as well as neighboring districts (Placer Union, Nevada Joint) solely use Gmail/calendar.
What’s the timeline for the transition?
- Staff completes survey by November 30th
- DTT analyzes survey feedback (by winter break)
- Implementation Plan (January)
- Launch April 2019 or July 2019 (based on survey)
We are dedicated to providing the necessary training/professional development to ensure success for all staff.