OAKMONT IB HOMEPAGE
- FUTURE STUDENTS
- CURRENT STUDENTS
- OHS IB DATA
- CONTACT US
- Oakmont High School
- OAKMONT IB HOMEPAGE
Two feeder schools to Oakmont are now offering IB Programs!
- have a strong international dimension
- develop intercultural understanding
- requires study across a broad range of subjects
- includes both individual subjects and interdisciplinary areas
- gives special emphasis to learning languages
- focuses on developing skills for lifelong learning
- provides opportunities for individual and collaborative planning and research
- encourages students to become responsible, active members of their community
Sargeant Elementary School has now finished the process to become an IB Primary Years Program (PYP) School. For more information please visit their website HERE or contact the IB Coordinator- Regina DeArcos firstname.lastname@example.org
The PYP is for students aged 3-12.
The PYP curriculum provides schools with a framework of five essential elements- knowledge, concepts, skills, attitudes, and action that young students need to equip themselves for successful lives, both now and in the future. The PYP aims to create a curriculum that is engaging, relevant, challenging and significant. The curriculum is transdisciplinary, meaning that it focuses on issues that go across subject areas.
The IB Primary Years Program Model
Warren T. Eich Middle School is now an IB Middle Years Program (MYP). We are excited to welcome them to the IB continuum of learning. To read more about Eich Middle School IB, see their website HERE and IB info page HERE or contact the IB Coordinator- Lisa Shrider email@example.com
The MYP aims to develop active learners and internationally minded young people who can empathize with others and pursue lives of purpose and meaning. The curriculums broad and balanced education empowers students to inquire into a wide range of issues and ideas of significance locally, nationally and globally. The result is young people who are creative, critical and reflective thinkers.
The IB Middle Years Program Model