- Oakmont High School
- Oakmont High School Home
Work Permits for Summer 2022
NEED A WORK PERMIT DURING SUMMER BREAK?
Work permits over summer are processed from June 9th – August 3rd at the RJUHSD District Office
LOCATION: 1750 Cirby Way, Roseville, CA PHONE: (916) 786-2051
HOURS: Monday – Thursday, 7:30am-4:00pm
(Closed 7/4 & 7/5 in observance of Independence Day)
HOW TO OBTAIN A WORK PERMIT:
- Download a “Request for Work Permit” application at:
www.oakmont.org > Counseling > College & Career Center > Work Permits OR
- Employer completes and signs their section (Work Permits are “location specific” and need Employer Information).
- Obtain parent/legal guardian signature.
- After all sections above (Student Information, Parent Signature, Employer Information & Signature) are completely filled out, return “Request for Work Permit” application to the Summer School office for processing.
- Work permit will be processed and ready for pick up within 24 hours.
PLEASE NOTE: Student must be present when picking up his/her completed work permit, as an original signature is required by student. Incomplete applications will delay processing of your Work Permit. Parents may not sign for students.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: If I am graduated from high school, do I need a work permit?
A: Once a minor is no longer subject to the state's compulsory education laws, he/she is not considered a minor for purposes of the state's child labor laws (labor code 1286[c]). Therefore, a high school graduate does not require a permit and may work in any occupation, even if he/she is under 18 years old.
Q: When do work permits expire?
A: ALL work permits expire August 15th. Work permits issued during the summer and past school year (2021-2022) must be renewed by August 15, 2022, even if you are continuing to work for the same employer. The process for renewing a work permit requires the same original steps as when you first obtained a work permit (steps above).
HOURS OF WORK:
The following restrictions and spread of hours are for permits issued for summer employment ONLY.
16 and 17 year olds:
8 hours per day/48 hours per week. Spread of hours- 5:00am-12:30am
14 and 15 year olds:
8 hours per day/40 hours per week. Spread of hours- 7:00am-9:00pm