The United States Air Force Academy
Every cadet is different, but to earn an appointment to the U.S. Air Force Academy, you must meet certain basic requirements.
- Be at least 17 but not past your 23rd birthday by July 1 of the year you enter the Academy
- Be a United States citizen
- Be unmarried with no dependents
- Be of good moral character
JUNIOR YEARStart Your Application
Junior year is when your application process for the Academy truly begins. You will start by filling out the Pre-candidate Questionnaire, which becomes available online March 1.
Between March 1 of your junior year and December 31 of your senior year, you must:
- Submit a completed Pre-candidate Questionnaire. If you are ready to begin your application, the Pre-candidate Questionnaire is available online.
Request nominations from your state’s congressional representative(s) or other designated nominator.Apply for Your Nomination Early
To be eligible to accept an appointment to the Academy, you must be nominated by a legally authorized nominating entity. The process of securing a nomination is competitive and lengthy. It is recommended you begin applying for a nomination at the same time you are completing your Pre-candidate Questionnaire.