WELCOME TO GRANITE BAY ATHLETICS
2018-19Every student wishing to participate in tryouts, practices, or contests must be cleared by GBHS Athletics. As a part of the clearance process, every athlete is required to have a yearly physical from a qualified physician and complete the Online Packet. The physical must be dated ON/AFTER May 22, 2018 for the 2018-19 school year ON THE FORM PROVIDED BELOW. Nothing before this date will be accepted. Please follow the directions below to complete the clearance process.** Fall Sports Deadline to turn in physical form and have the online Athletic Packet submitted is July 27, 2018,with the exception of June 1, 2018 for Football and Cheerleading.***Physicals can only be submitted to Laura Neal in Athletics.DO NOT TURN IN PHYSICALS TO COACHES!!!!
Any student participating in a Fall or Winter sport must finish the season before trying out for a new sport. You MUST contact the new Coach, before tryouts, to let them know you wish to tryout for the new sport at the conclusion of the sport you are in.2018-19 GBHS ATHLETIC ONLINE FORMS - Available now.
- Fall sports - Start date:
- July 23, 2018 - Football
- July 30 , 2018 - Cheerleading, Cross Country, Girls Golf, Football, Girls Tennis, Girls Volleyball
- August 13, 2018 - Water Polo.
- Players must be cleared before they may tryout by dates above for any Fall sports, October 29, 2018 for Winter sports, and February 4, 2019 for Spring sports. Athletic Packet submitted electronically online and a hard copy physical on file. Physical should be turned into Athletics in the main office, signed and cleared by a physician. Athletes may not participate in tryouts with out these items submitted.
- A 2018-19 school year sports physical is good for all 2018-19 sports seasons (Fall, Winter and Spring).
- A sports physical is needed each school year.
- Step One: Read the District Athletic Handbook. (Athletic Handbook - Spanish)
- Step Two: Complete the Athletics Packet and Forms
- Step Three: Print and complete the Health History Questionnaire Form and sports physical. Be sure to have the physician complete this physical form, sign and date this form. This form must be turned in to Laura Neal in Athletics in Student Services prior to tryouts.
- Please turn in the COMPLETED Health History Questionnaire/Physical Form (step three above) to Athletics in Student Services after you have received your sports physical and it is signed by your physician. The rest of your Athletic Packet forms will be submitted online only.
Fall Sports – Start Date:
- July 23, 2018 - - Football
- July 30 , 2018 - - Cheerleading, Cross Country, Girls Golf, Football, Girls Tennis, Girls Volleyball
- August 13, 2018 - - Water Polo
Winter Sports – Start Date:
- October 29, 2018 - - Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, and Wrestling
Spring Sports – Start Date:
- February 5, 2018 - - Baseball, Boys Golf, Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse, Softball, Stunt, Swim and Diving, Boys Tennis, Track and Field, Boys Volleyball
- Fall sports - Start date: