WELCOME TO GRANITE BAY ATHLETICS
2017-2018If you are interested in participating in sports in the 2017-18 school year at Granite Bay High School, you will need to be cleared by a physician with a sports physical, as well as submit the appropriate online athletic forms below by the deadline.All physicals must be dated ON/AFTER May 22, 2017 for the 2017-18 school year on the form provided below.Physicals must be turned in and Online Athletic Packets must be submitted electronically before tryouts.School Sports Physicals will be held at GBHS at 5:30 on May 22 for Football and Cheer, and All Sports on May 24, for $25. Make checks payable to GBHS.** Fall Sports Deadline to turn in physical form and have the online Athletic Packet submitted is August 4, 2017,with the exception of June 1, 2017 for Football and Cheerleading.DO NOT TURN IN PHYSICALS TO COACHES!!!!
Any student participating in a Fall or Winter sport must finish the season before trying out for a new sport. You MUST contact the new Coach, before tryouts, to let them know you wish to tryout for the new sport at the conclusion of the sport you are in.
- Fall sports begin August 7, 2017 - Cheerleading, Cross Country, Girls Golf, Football, Girls Tennis, Girls Volleyball, Water Polo.
- Players must be cleared before August 4, 2017 for Fall sports, November 2, 2017 for Winter sports, and February 1, 2018 for Spring sports. Athletic Packet submitted electronically online and a hard copy physical on file. Physical should be turned into Athletics in the main office, signed and cleared by a physician.
- A 2017-18 school year sports physical is good for all 2017-18 sports seasons (Fall, Winter and Spring).
- A sports physical is needed each school year.
GRADE ELIGIBILITY 2017-18
- Step One: Read the District Athletic Handbook. (Athletic Handbook - Spanish)
- Step Two: Complete the Athletics Packet and Forms
- Step Three: Print and complete the Health History Questionnaire Form and sports physical. Be sure to have the physician complete this physical form, sign and date this form. This form must be turned in to Laura Neal in Athletics in Student Services prior to tryouts.
- Please turn in the COMPLETED Health History Questionnaire/Physical Form (step three above) to Athletics in Student Services after you have received your sports physical and it is signed by your physician. The rest of your Athletic Packet forms will be submitted online only.
- Must have unweighted 2.0 GPA and passing at least 3 classes- 1 F is ok if student is taking 4 classes, but must have an unweighted 2.0 GPA. If only taking 3 classes,must pass ALL classes with unweighted 2.0 GPA and no F's.
- Grading periods end on September 8, October 11, November 9, December 20, February 9, March 16, April 27, and May 31.
- Grade Eligibility period begins on May 27 (10th-12th), September 18, October 23, November 20, January 15, February 19, March 26, May 7 and June 1.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________2017-2018 CALENDARFall: Start date is August 7, 2017
Cross Country, Football, Girls Golf, Girls Tennis, Girls Volleyball and Water Polo. (Cheer and Dance both Fall and Winter)
Winter: Start date is November 6, 2017
Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, and Wrestling
Spring: Start date February 5, 2018Baseball, Boys Golf, Boys Lacrosse, Girls Lacrosse, Softball, Swim and Diving, Boys Tennis, Track, Boys Volleyball,_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________