Graduation – Class of 2019 will be held on: Friday, May 31st @ 7p.m.
Graduation is scheduled for Friday, May 31st, in the AHS Titan Stadium, at 7 p.m. sharp. Parents should plan on arriving early to allow for traffic as parking is limited.
MANDATORY GRADUATION PRACTICE
Friday, May 31st @ 7:15 a.m. meet in the Big Gym.
A Continental Breakfast will be served in the cafeteria beginning at 7:15 a.m. for the graduates.
Grads MUST attend practice to participate in the ceremony.
We recommend you bring a bottle of water and wear sunscreen.
Graduation Tickets will be handed out AFTER school (12:15pm) on Thursday, May 30th in the cafeteria.
Sound check with speakers, choir, band, etc. will be held @ 11:00 a.m. on Friday, May 31st.
SENIOR FINALS ~ All seniors will be taking their finals on May 29th (Periods 1&2 Finals) and May 30th (Periods 3&4 Finals). Student's grades will be given to counselors who will certify that each student has met the necessary requirements for graduation. The Principal will grant final clearance for graduation.
FINES ~ ALL FINES & WORK SERVICE MUST BE CLEARED before 3:00 p.m. Friday 5/24; there will be no exceptions. Tickets will not be released to graduates with fines.
Return library books and class books.
Diplomas WILL NOT be released until outstanding fines are cleared.
SENIOR GRADUATION INSTRUCTIONS
On May 31st arrive: 5:45 p.m. to the ANHS GYM. You will enter through the center of campus. Do not arrive with your gown on. An administrator will check your attire prior to entering the gym.
Do not bring any valuables or additional items - we cannot guarantee the safety of them. Leave all purses bags, etc... at home or in your cars. (Wallets and keys only) Please car pool if you can as parking will be limited. NO CELL PHONES ALLOWED with graduates - they will be collected before entering the gym and returned after the ceremony.
SENIOR DRESS CODE
Acceptable wear: collared shirt/dress shirt/dress slacks/dress/skirt.
No jeans or shorts. No flip flops/tennis shoes. No high heels (except for wedges) because of the artificial turf on the field.
DO NOT DECORATE YOUR CAPS AND GOWNS ~ You will not be allowed to proceed through the ceremony until any decorations are removed. No additional accessories are allowed other than what the school distributes - no leis, flowers or any other distinguishing accessories.
IT TAKES AT LEAST 30 MINUTES TO LINE EVERYBODY UP. WE WILL BEGIN THE WALK TO THE GRADUATION CEREMONY AT 6:30 P.M. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU ARE IN LINE, IN THE APPROPRIATE PLACE BY 6:30 P.M.
Guidelines: Make sure your tassel is facing away from the audience when accepting your diploma cover (otherwise it will block your face in the picture - see directions below)
* Tassels-must be worn on the side away from your face. If you are walking to the right side of the stage then your tassel should be on the right, if you are walking on the left side of the stage then your tassel should be on the left.
* When you cross the stage you should stop when you get to the presenter
* Shake hands and look at the presenter (he or she will place the diploma in your hand) DO NOT look down
* The picture will be taken while you are looking at the presenter
* You should leave the stage quickly to avoid interrupting the next graduate's picture
Diploma: Your actual diploma can be picked up in the small gym after the graduation ceremony. Any fines will prevent you from picking up your diploma.
Graduates will pick up diplomas in the small gym after graduation.
- All guests, except babies (1 yr old or under), must have a wristband if sitting in reserved or general seating.
- Each graduate will be issued 10 tickets: 4 wristbands for reserved seating and 6 wristbands for general seating. Please ARRIVE with wristbands properly AFFIXED to the wrist prior to admission. Guests will be held at the gate until wristbands are on.
- Seating is limited; additional tickets are NOT available. Graduates need to get extra tickets from other graduates who may not need all given to them. NO SELLING OF THE TICKETS TO OTHER FAMILIES!!!
- No lawn chairs, coolers, noise makers of any kind, food, drinks (other than water) or umbrellas will be permitted.
No shoes with spiky heels of any kind will be allowed in the stadium.
These will ruin the track & field. Platform, flats or wedge shoes are preferred.
Each graduate of the class of 2019 will be given 10 wrist bands for admission (4 reserve seats and 6 general admissions). Graduation wrist bands will be released to the graduates following the last period on Thursday, May 30th in the cafeteria. Graduates must pick up their own wristbands (friends cannot pick up for each other). All parents, family, and friends MUST wear a wrist band in order to be granted admission to the 2019 graduation ceremony and must be affixed BEFORE entering the stadium. Wrist bands are not replaceable if lost. No exceptions will be made.
RENTED GOWNS/HATS/TASSEL - RETURN
You will be able to return your gowns at the end of the evening graduation night or Monday morning in the office.
If you have any questions regarding graduation, please contact Assistant Principal Ms. Parker @ (916) 726-1400 ext. 6060.