College and Career Center
Roseville High School College & Career Center
Visit the Announcements Page on the left for College & Career Center News!
Do you have a job? If so, please read the following important information! All Work Permits (including those issued over summer break) EXPIRED on Monday, August 15, 2022. Please allow up to 48 hours for processing.
Work Permit Instructions: Work Permit Applications are available in the College & Career Center (Admin 4) or can be downloaded for printing.
- Download a “Request for Work Permit” application at:
www.rosevilletigers.org > Resources > College & Career Center > Work Permits OR
- The employer completes and signs their section (Work Permits are “location specific” and need Employer Information).
- Obtain parent/legal guardian signature.
- After all sections above (Student Information, Parent Signature, and Employer Information & Signature) are completely filled out, return the “Request for Work Permit” application to the Summer School office for processing.
- The work permit will be processed and ready for pick up within 48 hours.
PLEASE NOTE: A Student must be present when picking up his/her completed work permit, as an original signature is required by students. Incomplete applications will delay processing of your Work Permit. Parents may not sign for students.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: If I have graduated from high school, do I need a work permit?
A: Once a minor is no longer subject to the state's compulsory education laws, he/she is not considered a minor for purposes of the state's child labor laws (labor code 1286[c]). Therefore, a high school graduate does not require a permit and may work in any occupation, even if he/she is under 18 years old.
Q: When do work permits expire?
A: ALL work permits expire August 15th. Work permits issued during the summer and past school year (2021-2022) must be renewed by August 15, 2022, even if you continue to work for the same employer. The process for renewing a work permit requires the same original steps as when you first obtained a work permit (steps above).
PLEASE BE SURE WORK PERMIT IS FILLED OUT COMPLETELY– SEE BELOW
Work Permit Applications* Here
The College & Career Center invites numerous guest speakers to the RHS campus throughout the year, including:
- Representatives from University of California campuses.
• Representatives from CSU campuses.
• Representatives from community colleges.
• Representatives from private colleges and universities from across the nation.
• Representatives from vocational and technical schools such as FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising), and UTI
• Representatives from all branches of the United States armed forces.
• Representatives from ROTC programs for the Air Force, Army, Navy, and Marines.
The College & Career Center offers:SAT & ACT InformationRegister for SAT: http://sat.collegeboard.orgRegister for ACT: www.actstudent.org Roseville High School CEEB Code: 052690College Information & CatalogsScholarship & Financial Aid InformationWork Permit Request FormsMilitary InformationJob Opportunities: Local employers list available jobs with the College & Career Center
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER
Mrs. Jacquie Seider
Office Hours: 7:30am-4:00pm*
*Mrs. Seider occasionally takes time away from her desk, going to meetings and visiting college campuses.
The best way to contact her is through email.
Hours: 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Location: Administration Building Admin 4
Contact: Jacquie Seider
Phone: (916) 782-3753 ext. 3080