College and Career Center
SUMMER WORK PERMIT INFORMATION
Summer Work Permits are processed at Independence High School
Summer School Office from June 5th –August 1, 2019
LOCATION: INDEPENDENCE HIGH SCHOOL -125 Berry Street, Roseville, CA
PHONE: (916) 786-0793
HOURS: Monday – Thursday 7:30am – 4:00pm
(Closed for lunch from 12-1)
How to obtain a Work Permit:
- Download a “Request for Work Permit and Statement of Intent to Employ Minor” at Roseville Bay High School website rosevilletigers.org (College & Career Center link under the “Parent/Student Resources” tab) or obtain one from the Summer School Office located at Independence High School
- Employer completes and signs their section (Work Permits are “job specific” and need Employer Information in order to obtain a work permit)
- Parent or Legal Guardian Signature must be completed
After all sections are COMPLETELY filled out, return “Request for Work Permit” application to the Summer School office for processing.
Please note: Student must be present when Work Permit being issued is obtained as an original signature is required by student. Incomplete applications will delay processing of your Work Permit. Parents may not sign for students.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: If I have graduated from high school, do I need a work permit?
A: Once a minor is no longer subject to the state's compulsory education laws, he/she is not considered a minor for purposes of the state's child labor laws (labor code 1286[c]). Therefore, a high school graduate does not require a permit and may work in any occupation.
Q: When do work permits expire?
A: ALL work permits expire August 14th. Work permits issued during the summer and past school year, providing you remain with the same employer, must be renewed by August 14, 2019.
HOURS OF WORK:
The following restrictions and spread of hours are for permits issued for summer employment ONLY and are considered vacation permits.
16 and 17 year olds:
8 hours per day/48 hours per week. Spread of hours - 5:00 a.m. – 12:30 a.m.
14 and 15 year olds:
8 hours per day/40 hours per week. Spread of hours - 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.ALL SENIORS MUST COMPLETE THECOLLEGE & CAREER CENTER
Mrs. Jacquie Seider
Office Hours: 7:00am-3:30pm*
*Mrs. Seider occasionally takes time away from her desk, going to meetings and visiting college campuses.
The best way to contact her is through email.The 2019 Scholarship Book is Now Closed!
Hours: 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Location: Aministration Building Admin 4
Contact: Jacquie Seider
Phone: (916) 782-3753 ext. 3080
The college and career center offers:
SAT & ACT InformationRegister for SAT: http://sat.collegeboard.orgRegister for ACT: www.actstudent.org Roseville High School CEEB Code: 052690College Information & CatalogsScholarship & Financial Aid InformationWork Permit Request FormsInformation on CTEWorks (formerly known as 49er ROP Program), a program in which student receives school credits while getting hands-on experience in a specific career. Military InformationJob Opportunities: Local employers list available jobs with the College & Career Center
·ASVAB Test January 29th 7:45 amLibraryASVAB INTERPRETATION SESSION February 14th 7:45 amLibrary
The College & Career Center invites numerous guest speakers to the RHS campus throughout the year, including:
• Representatives from University of California campuses.
• Representatives from CSU campuses.
• Representatives from community colleges.
• Representatives from private colleges and universities from across the nation.
• Representatives from vocational and technical schools such as FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising), and UTI
• Representatives from all branches of the United States armed forces.
• Representatives from ROTC programs for Air Force, Army, Navy, and Marines.