College and Career Center
Work Permit Applications* Here
NEED A WORK PERMIT DURING SUMMER BREAK?
Work permits over summer are processed from June 8th – August 2nd at Independence High School, Summer School Office
LOCATION: Independence High School, 125 Berry Street, Roseville, CA
PHONE: (916) 786-0793
HOURS: Monday – Thursday, 9:00am-1:00pm
HOW TO OBTAIN A WORK PERMIT:
- Download a “Request for Work Permit” application at:
www.rosevilletigers.org> Services > College & Career Center > Work Permits OR https://www.rjuhsd.us/Page/1414
- Employer completes and signs their section (Work Permits are “location specific” and need Employer Information).
- Obtain parent/legal guardian signature.
- After all sections above (Student Information, Parent Signature, Employer Information & Signature) are completely filled out, return “Request for Work Permit” application to the Summer School office for processing.
- Work permit will be processed and ready for pick up within 24 hours.
PLEASE NOTE: Student must be present when picking up his/her completed work permit, as an original signature is required by student. Incomplete applications will delay processing of your Work Permit. Parents may not sign for students.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: If I am graduated from high school, do I need a work permit?
A: Once a minor is no longer subject to the state's compulsory education laws, he/she is not considered a minor for purposes of the state's child labor laws (labor code 1286[c]). Therefore, a high school graduate does not require a permit and may work in any occupation, even if he/she in under 18 years old.
Q: When do work permits expire?
A: ALL work permits expire August 14th. Work permits issued during the summer and past school year (2019-2020) must be renewed by August 14, 2020, even if you are continuing to work for the same employer. The process for renewing a work permit requires the same original steps as when you first obtained a work permit (steps above).
HOURS OF WORK:
The following restrictions and spread of hours are for permits issued for summer employment ONLY.
16 and 17 year olds:
8 hours per day/48 hours per week. Spread of hours- 5:00am-12:30am
14 and 15 year olds:
8 hours per day/40 hours per week. Spread of hours- 7:00am-9:00pmCOLLEGE & CAREER CENTER
Mrs. Jacquie Seider
Office Hours: 7:00am-3:30pm*
*Mrs. Seider occasionally takes time away from her desk, going to meetings and visiting college campuses.
The best way to contact her is through email.
Hours: 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Location: Aministration Building Admin 4
Contact: Jacquie Seider
Phone: (916) 782-3753 ext. 3080
The college and career center offers:
SAT & ACT InformationRegister for SAT: http://sat.collegeboard.orgRegister for ACT: www.actstudent.org Roseville High School CEEB Code: 052690College Information & CatalogsScholarship & Financial Aid InformationWork Permit Request FormsMilitary InformationJob Opportunities: Local employers list available jobs with the College & Career Center
The College & Career Center invites numerous guest speakers to the RHS campus throughout the year, including:
• Representatives from University of California campuses.
• Representatives from CSU campuses.
• Representatives from community colleges.
• Representatives from private colleges and universities from across the nation.
• Representatives from vocational and technical schools such as FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising), and UTI
• Representatives from all branches of the United States armed forces.
• Representatives from ROTC programs for Air Force, Army, Navy, and Marines.