Auto Service Technician Course
In Partnership with Roseville Joint Union High School District and BMR Napa Auto Parts Roseville
1,830 Auto Tech Jobs are projected in our Capital Region by 2024! Sign up TODAY!
Complete the—> Auto Tech Application
This course provides entry-level training in automotive service, repair, diagnostics, and maintenance. Students use diagnostic equipment, as well as hand, and specialized tools. Students who successfully complete this training will have gained in-demand job skills and a foundation for further education or training. Students will qualify to take the NOCTI Automotive Technician CORE exam and earn their Job Readiness Certificate!
- 14-18 years of age and student in good standing at any RJUHSD School. (Program to be piloted during 2019-20 school year with enrollment priority given to RJUHSD alternative education students.)
- Post-Secondary students need high school graduate or equivalent (proof provided at time or registration).
- Current driver's license if applicable.
- Social Security card or right to work documentation—Post-Secondary Students
- Clean driving record if applicable (DMV printout with no history of DUl's or excessive driving record requested at registration).
- Basic Skills Equivalency Assessment (CASAS) (9th grade reading & 6th grade math).
- Ability to attend all class and clinical sessions as scheduled (Clinical site is an ASE Certified facility at another location).
- Length: 180 hrs class/hands-on WBL including 8hrs mandatory CPR/AED & First Aid
- Secondary RJUHSD Students Earn 10 Credits--
Auto Serv Tech 1--353553 10 Credits
- Class schedule: Tuesday-Friday (3:30-5:30 High School Students; 4:30-6:30 Adult Students)
August 13-December 20
- Other Certificates Earned in Program (with an 80% or better on each related exam):
- Problem Solving & Time Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Tires & Wheels
- GM Braking Systems 1
- Maintenance-Behind the Wheel
- Electrical/Electronics Stage 1
- Maintenance-Under the Car
- Steering Systems & Diagnostics
- Maintenance-Automotive Fluids
- SIP 2- Online Automotive Training
- Automotive Service Safety
- Automotive Service Pollution Prevention
- Battery, Charging and Starting Systems
- Automotive Meters
- Precision Measuring Tools