In Partnership with Roseville Joint Union High School District and BMR Napa Auto Parts Roseville
1,830 Auto Tech Jobs are projected in our Capital Region by 2024! Sign up TODAY!
This course provides entry-level training in automotive service, repair, diagnostics, and maintenance. Students use diagnostic equipment, as well as hand, and specialized tools. Students who successfully complete this training will have gained in-demand job skills and a foundation for further education or training.
Certificates Earned in Program (with an 80% or better on each related exam and Skills):
Roseville Adult School/BMR Certificate of Completion
Problem Solving & Time Management in Shop Environment
Shop/Tools Safety and Vehicle Preparation
Tires & Wheels
Maintenance-Behind the Wheel
General Maintenance-Under the Car
Steering Systems & Diagnostics
SIP 2 or Comparable- Online Automotive Training
Automotive Service Safety
Automotive Service Pollution Prevention
Battery, Charging and Starting Systems
Precision Measuring Tools
Guest Speakers from the Automotive Industry
Auto Services Technician I: 300 clock hrs class/hands-on WBL (one semester/19 instructional weeks).
Advanced Automotive Services Technician: 600 clock hours class/hands-on WBL (two semesters/38 instructional weeks with Passing all Auto Tech 1 skills and/or Instructor Recommendation). Students are expected to sit for national exam.
RJUHSD 11th/12th grade students earn Elective Credits--
Auto Serv Tech 1--353553 (10 Credits); Advanced Auto --354513 (10 Credits)
Auto Services Technician I and Advanced Auto:
Spring 2020--January 14 - June 5
Tuesday-Friday (3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.)*Subject to change depending on BMR Shop Hours for Spring.
900 Riverside Avenue
Roseville, CA 95661
HOW TO APPLY
- 11th or 12th grade students in good standing at any RJUHSD School. (Program to be piloted during 2019-20 school year with enrollment priority given to RJUHSD alternative education students.)
- Adult School students:
- Completed high school diploma or equivalent,
- Paid tuition fee of $750 (proof provided at time or registration)
- Social Security Card or right-to-work documentation.
- Current driver's license and clean driving record, if applicable (DMV printout with no history of DUl's or excessive speed; record requested at registration).
- Ability to attend all classes and clinical sessions as scheduled (Clinical site is an ASE Certified facility at another location).
- Complete the correct Application:
- Auto Services Technician 1, or
- Advanced Automotive Services Technician (Must have successfully passed Auto 1).
- Attend mandatory program Orientation (applicants will be sent Orientation schedule).
- 11th or 12th grade students only: Submit CTE Permission Form signed by school counselor (and parent, if under 18 years old).