In Partnership with Roseville Joint Union High School District and BMR Napa Auto Parts Roseville
1,830 Auto Tech Jobs are projected in our Capital Region by 2024! Sign up TODAY!
PROGRAM OVERVIEW OPEN for Enrollment for Adult or High School Students.
Almost nothing built or grown in California can reach a marketplace without transport of some kind. People use transportation to get to work, school, medical appointments, shopping, recreation, places of worship, and home again. California’s Advanced Transportation sector is already generating more than 47,000 to 65,000 jobs and continues to show signs of growth.
- General Automotive Technicians
- Tire Repair Technician
- Supervisors, Installers, Repairers
- Bus/Truck/Diesel Engine Specialists
- Aviation Mechanics
- Locomotive and High Speed Rail
- Motorcycle Mechanic
- Hybrid/EV Technician
This will be Dual Enrollment with Sierra College and fully articulated with American River College depending on where the student wants to attend.
RJUHSD Automotive Services 1 (Aeries Course Code: 353553) 10 Credits Elective-One Semester
Dual Enrollment Sierra College Basic Automotive Services Repair( Auto 100) 4 Units
This course presents the introductory automotive technical skills used by entry-level service technicians. Course content includes; vehicle operation, tool usage, practical measuring skills, fasteners, electrical meter usage, common automotive services and problem-solving techniques. Class projects are performed in an automotive shop environment to provide hands-on experience with common industry tools and equipment. Emphasis is placed on basic shop service operations which meet Automotive Service Excellence, (ASE) maintenance and light repair standards. This course will help the student prepare for the ASE G1 service exam.
RJUHSD Automotive Services 2 (Aeries Course Code: 354563) 10 Credits Elective--One Semester
Dual Enrollment Sierra College Basic Automotive Services Repair( Auto 140) 3 Units
This course covers basic automotive component diagnosis, service and repair for major vehicle systems including: brakes, suspension, heating, air conditioning, electrical, engines and transmissions. Shop activities are designed to further develop skill, speed, and experience capabilities of automotive majors to meet industry diagnostic and repair performance expectations. Emphasis is placed on shop service operations which meet Automotive Service Excellence, (ASE) maintenance and light repair standards. This course will help the student prepare for the ASE G1 service exam.
RJUHSD Advanced Automotive Seminar and Pre-Apprenticeship 10 Credits Elective--One Semester
(Aeries Course Codes--Advanced Automotive: 354513/ CTE Internship Unpaid: 356813)
This course will deepen the technician’s readiness for ASE Maintenance and Light Repair certification along with placing the student in a local automotive shop as a student intern. On the job learning will be supervised by a mentor/sponsor who will assign meaningful job tasks that support students in acquiring employability skills such as teamwork, written communication, problem solving, flexibility, initiative, and reliability. Students will acquire sufficient knowledge and skills for entry into paid high quality automotive apprenticeship or an entry level job with advancement potential in the automotive service industry.
HOW TO APPLY
11th or 12th grade students in good standing at any RJUHSD School.
- OPEN to ALL Adult School students:
- Completed high school diploma or equivalent,
- Paid tuition fee of $900 (proof provided at time or registration)
- Social Security Card or right-to-work documentation.
- Current driver's license and clean driving record, if applicable (DMV printout with no history of DUl's or excessive speed; record requested at registration).
- Ability to attend all classes and clinical sessions as scheduled (Clinical site is an ASE Certified facility at another location).
- Complete the correct Application:
- Auto Services Technician 1, or
- Advanced Automotive Services Technician (Must have successfully passed Auto 1).
- REGISTRATION CHECKLIST
- Attend mandatory program Orientation or Interview(applicants will be sent Orientation/Interview schedule).
- 11th or 12th grade students only: Submit CTE Permission Form signed by school counselor (and parent, if under 18 years old).