Fall 2021 College Application Support
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA
The University of California consists of 9 campuses.
To apply to the UC system, click on this link: University of California Application
The Discover Berkeley Series is still rolling on with events hosted by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and other departments around campus. There are still many more opportunities to learn about Berkeley before the application is due.
Just a few of the upcoming Discover Berkeley Series sessions:
Interested in learning more about life at UC San Diego? Get a glimpse into top-notch academics, cutting-edge research, exciting student life and more in the UCSD viewbook. This digital version features videos, pop-out interviews and other interactive content.
- Financial Aid Session (En Español) | CA Students
- Student Panel (Freshman & Transfer)
- UC Berkeley Alumni Panel and Discussion
- UC Application Workshop (Freshman & Transfer)
- and much more!
In lieu of the in-person College Fair this fall, the RJUHSD College & Career Centers introduced … RJUHSD College Weeks via zoom, a 4-week series that connected Junior and Senior students to college reps via virtual webinars/meetings! These virtual events were hosted in the evenings at various dates/times.
Any recordings of events will be posted as we receive them from the reps.
UC WEEK: 09/14-09/17 UC Recorded Sessions
PRIVATE CA WEEK: 09/21-09/24
OUT OF STATE WEEK: 09/28-10/02
CSU WEEK: 10/05-10/02 Session Recordings
University of California Personal Insight Questions - part of the UC application process - Questions & Guidance
UPDATES ON SAT/ACT TEST AND ADMISSION TO UC'S
Below is the link to the UC Board of Regents office on the SAT/ACT changes to the UC application process
The following outlines the Regents’ actions:
- Test-optional for fall 2021 and fall 2022: Campuses will have the option to use ACT/SAT test scores in selection consideration if applicants choose to submit them, and will develop appropriate policies and procedures to implement the Board’s decision.
- Test-blind for fall 2023 and fall 2024: Campuses will not consider test scores for California public and independent high school applicants in admissions selection, a practice known as “test-blind” admissions. Test scores could still be considered for other purposes such as course placement, certain scholarships and eligibility for the statewide admissions guarantee.
- New standardized test: Starting in summer 2020 and ending by January 2021, UC will undertake a process to identify or create a new test that aligns with the content UC expects students to have mastered to demonstrate college readiness for California freshmen.
- Elimination of the ACT/SAT test requirement: By 2025, any use of the ACT/SAT would be eliminated for California students and a new UC-endorsed test to measure UC-readiness would be required. However, if by 2025 the new test is either unfeasible or not ready, consideration of the ACT/SAT for freshman admissions would still be eliminated for California students.
- Elimination of writing test: The University will eliminate altogether the SAT Essay/ACT Writing Test as a requirement for UC undergraduate admissions, and these scores will not be used at all effective for fall 2021 admissions.