Important Information & Updates
Sierra College Outreach is going Virtual
Need help getting through the registration process? Have questions about financial aid or how to get free tuition? Join Sierra College for a Facebook Live session, stop by for Zoom drop-in hours, or attend a New Student Webinar. Sessions are intended for new students, transfer students, parents and the community.
Click HERE for the calendar.
- For information on the Sierra College Promise Program click here
- For information on the Puente Program click here
- CTE (Career Technical Education) program at Sierra College - Click HERE for more information
Sierra College offers the following CTE programs:
- Administration of Justice
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Applied Art and Design
- Automotive Technology
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Construction and Energy Technology
- Drafting and Engineering Support
- Early Childhood Education
- EMT/Health Sciences
- Fire Technology
- Geographic Information Systems
- Nutrition and Fitness Trainer
- Recreation Management
- Technical Theater
- Welding Technology
Click HERE for information on Board Policy 5121.1 and Staff Rule 5121.1 related to weighted grades, transcripts, and report cards. If taking a course at Sierra College, please print, sign and return to the College & Career Center or your Counselor.
SIERRA COLLEGE PROMISE PROGRAM
Seniors planning to attend Sierra College in the Fall:
Step 1: Apply now with the Admissions application at the Sierra College home page
Step 2: Our Sierra College Enrollment Specialist will send a pass to follow up with you on Orientation to Sierra
What is Sierra Promise?
Sierra Promise is a partnership between Sierra College and our local district high schools to help students with their transition to college. Sierra Promise helps make students college-ready before they graduate from high school, and helps them start college with an education/career plan and access to financial support.
Who is eligible for Sierra Promise?
Granite Bay High School is a partner high school, as a current senior you are initially eligible. Once a student completes an application for admission to the college, he/she will receive an invitation in their mySierra account to “Become a Promise Scholar.”
What does it mean to “Become a Promise Scholar?”
Students who commit to Sierra Promise get additional services and support. These include:
- Priority registration for your first semester, an education and career plan, assistance with financial aid/scholarships
- Referrals to support and success programs such as RISE, Guardian Scholars, Puente, EOPS, etc.
- Referrals to additional career and academic resources
- Workshops and events to help with registration and orientation
In return, Promise Scholars commit to the following:
- Complete the FAFSA or Dream application
- Participate in registration and orientation events sponsored by Sierra Promise
- Enroll in 30 or more units within your first year (summer, fall, spring)
Sierra College RISE Program
Sierra College RISE is an academic support program designed to support new, first-time college students from enrollment to the completion of educational goal(s) (certificate, Associates Degree, and/or transfer). The RISE program serves students from historically underserved, marginalized and underrepresented backgrounds. Please click here for the flyer for more information.