•  Immunization Information

    The state superintendent of schools has released a video with details regarding the new TDap immunization requirements.  Please view it at http://www.cde.ca.gov/ls/he/hn/ttwcvideo.asp.

    If you do not have a regular care provider you can use the service of Placer County Public Health to receive the vaccine.  A “Walk-in Clinic” is available to the public on Monday’s at the Placer County Clinic located at 1130 Conroy Lane, Suite 402, in Roseville 95661, from 8:30-12:00 and 1:00-4:00 at a cost of $9 per Tdap Booster.


    1) here is no $9 charge for the Tdap Booster to anyone who says they can’t afford one. For more information CLICK HERE


    2) Personal Beliefs Exemptions are permitted for verified medical conditions or personal beliefs and must be on file at your school. For more information on an exemption, please contact your school nurse, Denise LaFazia, at 916-771-8757.


    3) Please don’t wait, health care providers serving the Placer and Sacramento areas could get back logged and/or run out of vaccine.  If you have questions please call your school nurse. 


    Q: Do pertussis vaccines protect from severe disease?

    A:   If you've been vaccinated and get pertussis, you are less likely to have a severe infection. Typically, your cough won't last as many days and coughing fits, whooping, and vomiting after coughing fits won't occur as often. When vaccinated children get pertussis, fewer have apnea (life-threatening pauses in breathing), cyanosis (blue/purplish skin coloration due to lack of oxygen), and vomiting    CLICK HERE


    Whooping Cough Immunization Requirements:  Assembly Bill 354 requires students to be immunized against Whooping Cough.  Please see the California Department of Public Health and District District Notification for more information.

    Voices of Meningitis ~ Meningitis Vaccine CLICK HERE

    New Immunization Requirement Resources:  Several new resources have been developed and updated to assist with efforts towards the new immunization requirement for 7th through 12th grade students (AB 354).

    FAQs for Parents