Woodcreek High School LibraryThe WHS Library is CLOSED for summer break June 3rd ~ August 8th.Hours: Monday & Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.Librarian's Hours are 7:00am to 3:00pm M-F (Lunch 10:00-10:30)
Librarian, Megan Blue (916) 771-6565 ext: 4710
The Libray is subject to unexpected closures due to special events
Study Tips & Tutoring
TIPS TO IMPROVE STUDY HABITS:
- Students and parents are encouraged to monitor progress and grades via Home Link.
- Use a daily planner to maintain a daily assignment sheet. This can be kept in the front of a binder and serves as a single, visual reminder of work that needs to be completed. If you are unsure about recording assignments correctly, ask your teacher to initial the planner daily to verify assignments.
- Establish a regular homework time (preferably shortly after school or early in the evening). This develops a routine and reinforces good work habits. Even if there is no homework due the next day, this designated time can be used to study for upcoming tests or work on long-term projects!
- Set specific study goals. Make a realistic check list of what you need to accomplish. Tackle difficult subjects first; then "reward" yourself by working on easier subjects. Be sure to finish one assignment before moving on to the next.
- See your teacher during PACK Period!
- Use Khan Academy for video tutorials and micro-lectures.
TUTORING:The College and Career Center is located inside the Library(916) 771-6565 ext: 4050 (Hours subject to change for special events - please call Mrs. Lott verify).