These are only a few of the scholarships available. Please go to your Naviance account to view the entire list of available scholarships or visit the websites listed below. Or visit the College & Career Center.
P.E.O. Sisterhood Scholarship
Applications due March 18th, 2020
Open to women residing in Placer County who has a strong academic standing and needs financial assistance.
Applications will be judged and evaluated on the following:
- Official Transcript including ACT or SAT scores
- Financial Need
- Faculty Recommendation
- Character References
- Personal Interview
Application is available in the College & Career Center or HERE
Parc Scholarship Essay Contest
Submit an original essay of 500 words or less describing their response to the following question about the North and Middle Fork American River canyons located upstream of Folsom Reservoir, in the Auburn State Rec Area.
"How will your personal connection to the American River and its canyons lead to active environmental stewardship that will help reduce the impacts of climate change on the American River watershed?"
Parc Scholarship Essay Contest other requirements:
- Must be a high school senior and resident of Placer, Nevada or El Dorado County
- Essays must be sent by US Mail to address on application
- A completed entry form must be included with essay
- Essays must be typed and spaced to fit on one page
- Contestants must write an original essay, in their own words
- Deadline for essay to be mailed March 15, 2020
Scholarships through Going Merry: goingmerry.com
The Elks National Foundation (ENF) Vocation Grant -
Grants from $500 to $2,000 per year with an option to renew for a second year to qualified applicants. Applicants must be planning to pursue a full-time vocational or technical course above high school level.
- Open to any student who requires training or retraining to compete in the workplace
- Open to any prospective student residing in California who is a citizen of the United States
- Applicants need not be related to or a member of the Elks
- Open to male and female applicants
- Open to high school seniors but not limited to high school students
- A high school diploma or GED is not required
- A course must be a minimum of 60 days of continuous full-time study
- Applicants must plan to carry at least 12 semester credit hours
- Applicants pursuing a four year Bachelor’s degree are not eligible
An eligible program shall be defined as a two year or less vocational/technical program culminating in an associate degree, diploma, certificate, or other evidence of completion. Examples of recently approved courses:
- Police or Fire Science Academy
- Electrical Lineman
- Veterinary Technology
Applications and details regarding the Vocational Grant are available at: www.chea-elks.org/youthactivities/scholarships The application must be printed out and turned in to the Elks Lodge closest to the applicant’s residence. The Roseville Elks Lodge #2248 is located at 3000 Brady Lane, Roseville, CA and is open Monday-Friday 9:00am-1:00pm.
Undergraduate Scholarship Program for Students with Disabilities 2019-2020
The California-Hawaii Elks Major Project, Inc. offers up to 30 scholarships per year to students with disabilities. This is a financial needs-based and academic use scholarship intended for undergraduate work at a licensed vocational school, accredited community college, or four-year college/university. The funds are to cover academic expenses which include tuition, books, lab fees and/or on-campus room and board.
The scholarship awards are normally $1,000 for community colleges or vocational schools and $3,000 for four-year colleges or universities per year. After the initial award, reapplication for a maximum of three renewals is possible for a total of four years or until an undergraduate degree is achieved, whichever comes first. Renewal applications will be judged yearly.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen
- Must be a resident of California or Hawaii
- Have a physical, neurological, visual, or hearing impairment and/or speech/language disorder
- Be a senior in high school, a high school graduate or have passed the GED
- Demonstrate a financial need
Applications for the 2019-2020 academic year will be available from the Elks website at www.chea-elks.org/youth-activities/scholarships. The applicant is responsible for obtaining an application packet that is designated for the approaching academic year and must request a Lodge officer to sign and complete the Lodge information section on the application. You may contact a Lodge officer by calling the Roseville Lodge at 916-783-4515.
The application must be postmarked on or before March 15, 2020.
College Board Opportunity Scholarships
Go to opportunity.collegeboard.org for details and to check out the steps that qualify you to win scholarships
Where do I find Scholarships?
- In the College & Career Center and on the College & Career Center Website
- RJUHSD Local Scholarship Program Feb. 1-28
- Organizations your family is connected to – Local businesses, clubs, unions, banks, churches, parents place of employment.
- Check your intended college’s website under financial aid/scholarships.
- Online searches – be sure they are FREE. Here a few…
- Financial Aid on the Web: finaid.org
- Salle Mae Scholarships: https://www.salliemae.com/college-planning/college-scholarships/
- College Board: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/pay-for-college/grants-scholarships
- College Board Opportunity Scholarships: https://opportunity.collegeboard.org/
- Going Merry: https://www.goingmerry.com/
- Wired Scholar: wiredscholar.com
- com: www.gocollege.com
- Search for Scholarships: scholarships360.org
- Fast Web: Fastweb.com
- Unusual scholarships
- Prestigious scholarships and fellowships
- Full tuition academic scholarships
- Scholarships for average students
- Community service scholarships
- Scholarships for Hispanic and Latino students
- Cancer scholarships
- Athletic scholarships
Scholarships360.org - various scholarships and deadlines
FastWeb Scholarship Search - various deadlines
Collegexpress Scholarship Search - Collegexpress.com - Various scholarships and deadlines
Native American Scholarship Opportunities - Various Deadlines
Going Merry - Scholarship Match website - Various Deadlines
Salle Mae Scholarships: https://www.salliemae.com/college-planning/college-scholarships/
College Board Opportunity Scholarships: https://opportunity.collegeboard.org/