Join us for a Free Info Session to learn more about the program.
February 13, 2020 at 6pm - Roseville, California
Reserve your seat at CalRegional.com/infosession
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics: Median Annual Salary $31,540; Median Hourly Wage in our Region $17.50; expected 23% growth in national demand by 2024!
The Medical Assistant program, provided in partnership with CalRegional, consists of 160 hours of classroom instruction followed by a 160-hour extenship.
Students will be trained to:
Assist the physician with patient care
Administer medications and take vital signs
Manage the front office
Students are placed in a 160-hour externship after completion of the classroom portion of the program. Students are required to be available full-time, Monday through Friday, to be placed.
This course prepares students for the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) exam through the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
Night Class: Monday through Thursday, 5:30-9:30pm
Session 1: February 3 - April 22, 2020
Session 2: May 11 - July 20, 2020
Day Class: Monday through Friday, 9am-1pm
Session 1: February 24 - April 24, 2020
Session 2: May 4 - June 30, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
- 12th grade students who are 18 years old and in good standing at any RJUHSD School.
- Adult School students must provide proof of completion of high school diploma or US equivalent.
Register by calling CalRegional at (800) 927-5159
- Attend any mandatory program orientation meetings (applicants will be informed of required meetings).
- Pay tuition (beginning Spring 2020: $2,995 - subject to change).
- Purchase any necessary supplies (e.g., texts, scrubs, equipment) - applicants will be informed of required supplies.
Looking for financial assistance with tuition costs? Apply for a Vocational Training Scholarship at our local Job Center! Contact:
Sarah Damerow, Business and Employment Specialist
Golden Sierra Job Training Agency
115 Ascot Drive, Suite 100, Roseville, CA 95661
p. (916) 773-8558
For more information, please call Assistant Principal, Jason Harm at 916-782-3952 ext. 1709.
Medical Assistant Occupational Outlook