Students interested in the IB Diploma Program must complete prerequisite courses in their 9th and 10th grade year.
Students transferring from other schools, must complete the equivalent to these courses.
9th and 10th Grades
9th Grade IB Course Planning Video
- 9th Grade IB Course Planning Slides Only
10th Grade IB Course Planning Video
- 10th Grade IB Course Planning Slides Only
11th and 12th Grades
2021-2022 Course Registration
9th grade course selection
All 9th graders intending to enroll in IB courses should enroll in the following classes plus one elective:
- CP English 9
- PE 9
- NGSS Biology
- Each student is different. Students need to complete through CCIM3 at minimum to be eligible for IB Math by 11th grade. This may require that some students double up in CCIM1 and CCIM2 in 9th grade.
- Students who are already accelerated in Math SHOULD NOT exceed CCIM3 in the 9th grade year, as it can create scheduling problems in later years
- Students who double up in Math SHOULD NOT double up in Spanish/French also.
- Each student is different. Students need to complete through Level 3 at minimum to be eligible for IB Language by 11th grade. This may require that some students double up in Level 1 and 2 in 9th grade.
- Students who double up in Spanish/French SHOULD NOT double up in Math also
- VAPA course
10th grade course selection
Students considering enrolling in the full IB Diploma MUST enroll in the courses below.
Students wishing to take SOME IB courses (Certificate Student) should follow the guidelines for the subject area they are interested in.
- Honors English 10 (required)
- AP European History (required)
- CP Physics - IB Coordinator will change this to NGSS Chemistry for you (NGSS Chemistry is only accessible to IB students and Health Academy students in the sophomore year)
- PE 10
- Students wanting to enroll in IB Math SL in 11th grade MUST complete CCIM 3 by the end of their sophomore year. This may mean that some students will need to double up in CCIM2 and CCIM3 in 10th grade.
- Students wanting to enroll in IB Math HL in 11th grade MUST complete Pre-Calculus by the end of their Sophomore year. This may mean that some students will need to double up in CCIM3 and Pre-Calculus in 10th grade.
- World Language
- Students wanting to enroll in IB Spanish or French MUST complete Spanish/French 3 by the end of their sophomore year. This may mean that some students will need to double up in Spanish/French 2 and 3 in 10th grade.
- If students have room for Honors Spanish/French 4, or Spanish/French 4, they are encouraged to take it, but it is not required.
- VAPA (Dance, Visual Arts)
- If students did not complete their graduation requirements for the VAPA class in 9th grade they should enroll in one of our many course offerings to satisfy this graduation requirement.
- Students that did complete a level 1 VAPA class are STRONGLY encouraged to take the level 2 course in that subject.
- If a student is planning on enrolling in an IB VAPA subject they should continue in the pre-requisite courses for that subject
11th grade course selection
Full IB Diploma Students MUST enroll in number 1-8 below:
- IB English HL-1
- IB History HL-1
- IB Math SL-1 or HL-1 (HL is ONLY available to students who were enrolled Honors Pre-Calc/IB Math SL-1 course in 10th grade)
- IB Science (Biology HL-1, Physics SL or HL-1, Computer Science SL-1, Environmental Systems and Societies SL-1)
- IB Language (Spanish SL or HL-1, French SL or HL-1)
- IB Theory of Knowledge 1
- IB Elective (Selection from the list below, cannot be the same as a course already chosen above)
- Any elective (Could be Spanish or French SL-2, If students want to complete this course in 1 year)
- IB Biology
- IB Physics
- IB Computer Science
- IB Environmental Systems and Societies
- IB World Religions
- IB Visual Arts
- IB Dance
IB Certificate students
You may enroll in any IB courses that you have completed the pre-requisite courses for. You SHOULD NOT enroll in a schedule that is full of AP and IB Courses. If you want to do a full academic load of AP or IB Courses you should enroll to do the IB Diploma. If you have questions about this, or about how many IB courses to take, please email Mrs. Geluk prior to registration.
If you are going to enroll in an SL level course for IB in 11th grade, you will be required to also enroll in the SL-2 course in 11th grade. You will take the IB exam for the course at the end of 11th grade.
12th grade course selection
All seniors should enroll in the part 2 of any class they have completed during 11th grade.
The following courses are available as a 1-year course, and students interested in taking these courses should enroll in SL-1 and SL-2 for that subject:
- Computer Science
- Environmental Systems and Societies
- World Religions
- French (may be available, depending on master schedule constraints)