Since July 1st, 2003, the District has established and implemented a centralized technology purchasing process for purchasing technology equipment. This process was established to meet the needs of our staff and students due to a myriad of reasons, such as cost efficiencies, system-wide equipment compatibility, bidding constraints, scarce budget resources, required technical knowledge, and federal asset/inventory requirements.
Available documentation pertaining to the centralized technology purchasing process:
- What technology items need to be approved by Technology Services prior to purchase?
- Technology Purchasing Guide - provides standardized and comprehensive information regarding the procurement and use of technology around the district
- Technology Purchasing Process Flowchart - a visualization of the centralized technology purchasing process (opens in separate browser window)
- Centralized Technology Purchasing Process - detailed description on how to procure technology for your site
- Technology Standards Purchasing List - the most common technology items requiring approval and includes frequently-purchased items that have been standardized and vetted for use on our district network
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding the technology purchasing process
Key points to the centralized technology purchasing process:
- All technology purchases must be approved and processed by Technology Services (for expedited purchases and/or exceptions, see Centralized Technology Purchase Process)
- Technology Services is responsible for all aspects of the centralized technology purchasing process (from requisition entry in Escape through delivery and/or installation of goods/services to the sites)
- Technology purchases must be made with the correct requisition form (titled "For Technology Purchases Only")
For questions or comments regarding the process, please contact Tony Ham, Director of Technology Services, at x1220. We look forward to working with you all, and many thanks for your continued support.