Since July 1st, 2003, the District has established and implemented a centralized technology purchasing process for purchasing technology equipment. This process was established to meet the needs of our staff and students due to a myriad of reasons, such as cost efficiencies, system-wide equipment compatibility, bidding constraints, scarce budget resources, required technical knowledge, and federal asset/inventory requirements.For questions or comments regarding the process, please contact Tony Ham, Director of Technology, in the Technology Department at x1220.
Technology Standards List - formerly titled "PTPL" (Pre-approved Technology Purchasing Price List). This list gets routinely updated so please check back often for the most recent copy.Other documentation pertaining to the technology purchasing process:
- What technology items need to be approved by the District Technology Department prior to purchase?
- Technology Purchasing Process Flowchart (will open in a separate browser window)
- Centralized Technology Purchasing Process handout
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding the technology purchasing process
Key points to the centralized technology purchasing process:
- All technology purchases must be approved and processed by the Technology Department (for expedited purchases and/or exceptions, see detailed handout)
- Technology Department is responsible for all aspects of the centralized technology purchasing process (from purchase requisition system entry through delivery of goods/services)
- Technology purchases must be made with the correct requisition (titled "For Technology Purchases Only")
We look forward to working with you all, and many thanks for your continued support.