With over 80 different languages spoken by our students and families, Roseville Joint Union High School District recognizes and celebrates the rich language and cultural diversity that our students bring to all of our schools. We are teaching 300 students who are learning English, presenting an exciting opportunity for the district to nurture and expand the diverse student population who are ultimately ready for college and careers after enjoying a high school educational experience with us.
Our English Learner Services employs committed, motivated and knowledgeable staff who assists schools, the district, and parents with implementing programs and policies that support EL students and their families, including:
- Effective identification, student placement, and communication policies and procedures.
- Implementation of instructional programs and professional learning opportunities designed to meet EL student needs and ensure access to rigorous curriculum and research-based instructional classroom practices to create safe, vibrant, and effective learning environments.
- Ensuring ongoing support and monitoring of student progress.
- Engaging parents of EL students in district and school site planning, learning, and governing activities.
- Providing interpretation and translation services to parents and schools, and primary language assistance to students.
- Administering annual reclassification activities and celebrations of developing biliteracy.
District-level English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) Resources
English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) Resources
ELAC 2021-2022 dates and locations are to be determined by each site. Please contact the front office for more information about your site's ELAC (if applicable).Title III PlanRJUHSD Title III Budget 2021-22 coming soon
English Learner Services
Coordinator of English Learner Support
(916) 786-2051 ex. 1144
EL Program Assistance
(916) 786-5181 ex. 1360