GBHS Attendance Taking Protocol for Hybrid Model
Please be aware that most of these protocols are driven by the need to comply with Senate Bill 98 so our attendance accounting is done in accordance with the law.
Teacher will take physical attendance each period for both on-campus and distance learning students
- Students must complete a daily health screener form between 5:30am and 7:30am each day before arriving on campus
- Campus will open on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays at 7:45am
- Students must present their digital ID card
- Each student’s health screen clearance may also be checked as students arrive to their respective classroom
Each teacher will record “O,” “E,” or “N” in Aeries (See Hybrid Model Attendance Flow Chart)
- O = On Campus Student, present
- E = Distance Learning Student, present in synchronous session and completed DER
- N = Distance Learning Student, not present in synchronous session/does not connect with teacher in an alternative way and/or does not complete the DER
A teacher, an administrator, or another member of our support staff will follow up with the student and/or family after 2+ days of consecutive period absences.
HYBRID BELL SCHEDULE
Please be aware of the new bell schedule as you plan to arrive on campus.
Grizzlies arrive on time! This means that you are in your seat and ready to work before the tardy bell rings. If by chance you are tardy, you should proceed to the nearest scanning station or the attendance office to check in prior to going to class.
GBHS is a closed campus. Students must have permission to leave campus during the school day. Please follow these procedures:
- If your student contacts you and indicates they are not feeling well please direct them to go to the nurse’s office so that we may monitor them while they wait for you to arrive.
- Failure to follow proper procedures before leaving campus may result in disciplinary consequences. A parent calling or sending a note after a student leaves without permission will not absolve the student of discipline consequences.
- Students with Early Outs/Dismissals will be required to have a parent call or parent email the attendance office in advance.
- Please note that it may take up to 30 minutes for students to report to the main office for early-out appointments. Please plan accordingly.
- Students will be requested for release from the class session via physical escort. Students will then check-out through the attendance office by scanning “out” in 5-Star before being released off-campus.
Attendance codes are used to report each student’s attendance status each day. For more information as to how each student is marked in attendance, please see the Hybrid Model Attendance Flow Chart
STUDENTS WITH SYMPTOMS
- If a student is ill or demonstrates any symptoms related to COVID19, do not come to school.
- Any student with visible symptoms will be sent to the main office for evaluation immediately.
- Students with symptoms will be put into isolation and instructed not to return to school until cleared by the school nurse and/or until they have a physician's note indicating that they are safe to return.
- Please note that we recognize that symptoms may be a result of some other medical condition, and the school nurse will make every effort to follow-up with families within 3 business days.
If you have questions or concerns about the attendance process, please contact Quillan Donnis at firstname.lastname@example.org