Degrees and Certifications:
1. What specific classes do you teach?
I teach English 10 and yearbook.
2. Do you currently advise any clubs or coach any sports?
I advise yearbook.
3. What are your after school hobbies?
I like to travel, read, cook, and fantasy football. I also enjoy home decorating.
4. Do you have any kids?
5. Do you have any pets? If so, what are their names and what breed are they?
I have two cats, Charlie and Sally Brown. They're siblings and he's an orange polydactyl and she's a tabby twice his size.
6. What was your favorite class when you were in high school?
Band, especially jazz. I played both the clarinet and the alto sax.
7. When you were in school what did you think your future job would be?
I honestly thought I'd be a jazz musician.
8. What inspired you to become a teacher?
My mother was an amazing English teacher. I wanted to be like her.
9. What is your favorite part of your job? What is your least favorite?
I absolutely adore teaching yearbook. I despise grading papers.
10. Do you have an interesting story or fact about yourself that you would be comfortable sharing?
I was lucky to have been chosen as one of twelve teachers to be part of something called the Globe Education Academy through a partnership with UC Davis and the Globe Theatre in London. I was able to spend two weeks there working with the directors, coaches, and actors. Since then I have done a lot of work developing my practive as a Shakespear teacher.
11. If you had to use three words to describe yourself what would they be?
Dedicated, optimistic, organized.