Degrees and Certifications:
1. What specific classes do you teach?
I currently teach peer helping, leadership, and social studies.
2. Do you currently advise any clubs or coach and sports?
I advise the Friendship Club and the Community Outreach Club.
3. What are your after school hobbies?
I enjoy spending time with my daughter, shopping, and going to the movies. I also enjoy working out and running!
4. Do you have any kids? If so, how many and what are their names and ages?
I have one four-year-old girl named Kassity.
5. Do you have any pets? If so, what are their names and what breed are they?
I have a little Shih Tzu named Rocky, and an over-excited chocolate lab known as Teal.
6. What was your favorite class when you were in high school?
I loved World Studies, but mostly because of the teacher.
7. When you were in school what did you think your future job would be?
I honestly wasn't very sure.
8. What inspired you to become a teacher?
I was a History major at Cal Poly and I wanted to be a good teacher for kids. When I was in school I liked my classes because I loved my teachers!
9. What is your favorite part of your job? What is your least favorite?
I adore working with and interacting with students, and I resent the grading I need to do.
10. Do you have an interesting story or fact about yourself that you would be comfortable sharing?
I graduated from Oakmont in 1996, which was when Granite Bay opened. Several years ago I would work with the teachers who taught me before I became a teacher!
11. If you had to use three words to describe yourself what would they be?
Passionate, empathetic, and positive.