WELCOME TO GRANITE BAY ATHLETICS
Due to the COVID -19 pandemic, all start dates are subject to change. Please continue to monitor the website.Every student wishing to participate in athletic activities: pre-season conditioning, tryouts, practices, or contests must be cleared by GBHS Athletics. As a part of the clearance process, every athlete is required to have a yearly physical from a qualified physician one time per school year and register for athletic clearance . The physical must be dated ON/AFTER May 18, 2020 for the 2020-21 school year. Nothing before this date will be accepted. Please follow the directions below to complete the online clearance process.The sports physical form MUST be stamped, signed and dated by the Doctor's Office (MD or DO only), no business cards are accepted, no exceptions.
***Any student participating in a Fall or Winter sport must finish the season before trying out for a new sport. The student MUST contact the new Coach, before tryouts, to let them know you wish to tryout for the new sport at the conclusion of the sport you are in.ONLINE CLEARANCE PROCESS
- Players must be cleared by GBHS Athletics before they participate in the following events: pre-season conditioning, tryouts, practices, or contests.
- Athletic Clearance submitted electronically online only. Athletes may not participate in activities without these items submitted. **Please note it is not an immediate clearance. Your account will be reviewed ASAP.
- A 2020-21 school year sports physical is good for all 2020-21 sports seasons (Fall, Winter and Spring).
- A sports physical is needed one time each school year.
We do not accept paper copies of forms for clearance.
Online Athletics Clearance Process
To begin the clearance process after May 15, 2020 please visit the ATHLETICS CLEARANCE online site to get started. You will need to sign up for each sport your athlete would like to participate in, in order for GBHS to see if they have been cleared or not. Please allow 48-72 business hours after you’ve uploaded the physical and completed all of the online portions for the administration to fully review your account. An email will be sent clearing your athlete or asking you to provide additional information or uploads. If you do not receive any email, please follow the directions below – there is also a troubleshoot to walk you through going back after the account has been created to upload the physical form. **Please do not email or drop off forms to the Athletic Secretary. Coaches will NOT collect any physicals.
***PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE STARTING***
- PLEASE print and bring THIS District Health Exam Form to a medical doctor (MD or DO ONLY) - Physician's clearance - with Physician, Medical Facility Official Stamp, name and Date is Required on this form. No Exceptions.
- Start the online process at Athletic Clearance – http://www.athleticclearance.com
- Register for an account – using the parent/ guardian email address.
- Get your athletes STUDENT ID # from them or your Homelink account. If you are an incoming freshman and do not have access to your Homelink account please enter "000000".
- Once registered, find the Start Clearance Here tab – if you have more than one student-athlete attending GBHS, you will need to register a clearance for each. If your student-athlete plans on playing more than one sport, you will need to add each sport individually.
- Fill in all of the information on the student information page – NOTE: you must have insurance or purchase the school insurance in order for your student-athlete to be cleared. Upload a copy of insurance card.
- UPLOAD your completed District Health History and Physical Exam Form (BOTH pages) to the site toward the bottom on the student information page. Please make sure not to load it just into the library, but into the spot for the physical itself. If page 2 does not upload together, upload page 2 to: Additional forms **Please do not email or drop off forms to the Athletic Secretary. *Coaches will NOT collect any physicals.
- Complete the Parent/Guardian Information page.
- The athlete AND the parent will need to electronically “sign” (First and Last Name) the required sections.
- Submit the clearance
- You will receive a confirmation email when everything has been submitted and one when your student-athlete has been CLEARED by the school to participate.
- Once you have received the confirmation email that your child has been CLEARED by GBHS Athletics (this can take up to 48-72 buisness hours) please print clearance confirmation TICKET TO TRY OUT that must be turned into their coach before they can participate.
- If your athlete would like to participate in more than one sport, each sport must be signed up for individually. Simply click on the “Start Clearance Here!” and when you hit the “Student Information” page, select your athlete on the drop down option. Most information is saved, including your physical, but some will require you to resubmit. Go through the medical history, parent/guardian info and signatures to be cleared for the additional sports.
The sports physical form MUST be stamped, signed and dated by the Doctor's Office (MD or DO only), no business cards are accepted, no exceptions.***** If your child has attended our sports physical on dates TBD, the Athletic Department will clear your physical on your account. Please notify email@example.com.
Due to the COVID -19 pandemic, all dates are subject to change. Please continue to monitor the website.
2020-2021 SPORTS CALENDAR
Season 1 Start Date
- December 7, 2020 - Football
- December 14, 2020: Cross Country, B/G Volleyball, Water Polo
Season 2 Start Date:
- February 22, 2021 - B/G Basketball, B/G Soccer, Stunt, B/G Tennis and Wrestling
Season 3 Start Date:
- March 8, 2021 - Baseball, Softball
- March 15, 2021 - B/G Golf, B/G Lacrosse, Swim and Diving, Track and Field