Your FAFSA application you complete now will be for the next school year (Seniors will be completing this year's application for the 2023-24 school year).
Here are some helpful tips:
- FAFSA Window Opens: October 1st, 2022
- FAFSA should be submitted by March 2nd, 2023
- Undocumented students will not complete the FAFSA and will complete the CADAA instead.
- Nearly all schools in the USA require the FAFSA to apply (e.g. community colleges, trade schools, private schools, out-of-state schools)
- The first to apply are more likely to qualify for aid!
- Colleges use this data to determine your federal aid and CalGrant eligibility (free money opportunity!)
- Many states and colleges use FAFSA data to award their own campus aid too!
- Students planning to attend community college and plan on receiving the FREE TUITION "Promise Program" must complete the FAFSA: Sierra College
Let's Get Started!
Step 1: FAFSA Overview
- YouTube: FAFSA Overview
Step 2: Create an FSA ID
Step 3: FAFSA Application
Step 4: What Happens Next?
- YouTube: After the FAFSA: What Happens Next?
Not planning on going to college?
We strongly encourage ALL of our high school seniors to complete the FAFSA. It costs nothing to apply. Once you discover you may be eligible for grants or federal aid you may find that attending college may be right for you. A large majority of students who do not plan on attending college, later change their mind at last minute and after the FAFSA widow has closed. We want everyone to have all of the opportunities possible and completing it sooner than later, this improves your chances of qualifying for an award ($$). Stop by the Career Center for computer access and in-person assistance.