RJUHSD CTE Internship Information For Employers
Thank you for considering becoming a CTE Internship Partner! Not only is your support beneficial to RJUHSD students, it can be beneficial to your business as well. To find out how to become a partner, please contact Terri Griffin (email@example.com).
- An internship is an excellent way to facilitate success in your business!
- Employers have the ability to develop a pipeline of quality candidates to fill entry-level needs.
- Train your future workforce.
- Built-in community service program that supports public relations strategies.
- Provides training and development opportunities for managers and mentors.
An internship is practical career experience and training for a student that is supervised by an expert or mentor in a particular career field. High School credit is granted upon satisfactory completion of the program. Students are enrolled in a dual-enrolled business class at Sierra College, providing the opportunity to earn college credits while interning.
The Roseville CTE Internship Program is intended to provide students with practical workplace experience and mastery of skills related to their educational career pathway. Each student should experience some or all of the following:
- Increase technical skills in a targeted career pathway
- Ensure or narrow choices of career and/or possible college majors or technical training.
- Develop and improve workplace skills
- Understand the relevance between school learning and workplace application.
- Our internship program runs for one term during the school year (typically August through December and January through May).
- Students attend a weekly internship class.
- Unpaid interns are allowed to participate 6-8 hours per week. Paid interns are allowed to participate in the number of hours prescribed by law.
General Requirements for Industry Partners
- Provide a learning experience that is an extension of classroom learning
- A student orientation should be provided to define performance expectations (company policy, rules of attendance, workplace ethics, safety instruction, and appropriate attire).
- Provide feedback twice per term via a student performance evaluation form which will be provided by RJUHSD.
- Students do not displace regular employees.
- Students are mentored/supervised by a designated employee.
Work Based Learning Coordinator
916-782-6565 x 1363
Business Partner Requirements
Provide a structured experience similar to an employee training program.
Work with the internship instructor to develop a job description.
Expected performance behaviors will be created by the business partner and internship instructor.
Business Partner will provide a variety of work-based learning experiences that are related to the career technical program and student's .
A Cooperative Vocational Agreement must be on file with RJUHSD.
Evaluate students quarterly.