University of California (UC)
The UC site will help you explore the 9 UC campuses. You can learn about the admission requirements and how to apply. The application period is November 1st to November 30th. You can also search for majors and tuition information. If you need help with your Personal Insight Questions check out this website.
Private or Out of State Universities
Typically these colleges require an application, essay, transcripts, and teacher recommendations BUT this varies school to school. Check out each colleges website for their requirments and deadlines.
Common Application - is one application that you can use to apply to several colleges at once. Some colleges require a supplemental application.
Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities (AICCU) - this site you can learn about the 85 non-profit colleges and universities that are located in California.
California State University (CSU)
CSU Apply is a site where you explore all 23 CSU campuses and find the right one for you. You can view impacted majors, prepare for college, help with picking a major, and so much more. You can apply to a CSU during the application period October 1st to November 30th. The Eligibility Index will help tell you if you’re eligible for admission to the CSU.
CSU Dashboards and Resources
The CSU strives to share pertinent information with our partners. The following sites provides valuable information about the path students take in their academic journey and beyond.
- High School Student Success - calstate.edu/highschool
- Community College Student Success - calstate.edu/communitycollege
- Community Partners Student Success calstate.edu/communitypartners
- CalStatePays - https://calstatepays.org/#/
- Information from 7 Southern California CSUs.
- Find out earnings for different majors after CSU graduation
- Explore where CSU graduates work and what they earn
- What’s the return on a CSU education?
Did you know...
CSU campuses consistently rank among the nation’s best in studies measuring social mobility, helping vast numbers of students from low-income families dramatically alter their life trajectories.
- In 2019-20, 82 percent of all CSU students (391,000+) received over $4.5 billion in total financial assistance.
- 59 percent of all undergraduates have the full cost of tuition covered by grants, scholarships or waivers.
- More than half (54 percent) of CSU baccalaureate recipients graduated with zero education loan debt.
- Of the 46 percent who graduated with debt, the average loan debt of $18,173 is well below the national average of $28,950.
For more information about CSU costs, financial aid and fee waivers visit the CSU Paying for College site.
Go to... Apply Home Freshman - Admission Requirements - Campus Events - CSU Campus Match - CSU Costs - CSU Local Admission & Service Areas - Degree Search - Financial Aid - Impacted Majors & Campuses Search - Redirection - Testing Requirements - The California Promise Program Transfer - ADT Major/Campus Search - Campus Events - CCC-Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) - CSU Campus Match - CSU Costs - Degree Search - External Exam Credit - Financial Aid - Impacted Majors & Campuses Search - Lower-Division Transfer - Redirection - Upper-Division Transfer Graduate - Admission Requirements - CSU Campus Match - CSU Costs - Degree Search - Financial Aid International - Admission Requirements - CSU Campus Match - CSU Costs - Degree Search Teaching Credential - CSU Teacher and Educator Degrees & Credentials - CalStateTEACH Credential Program - EduCorps - TEACH California - Teacher and Educator Preparation Application Dates & Deadlines California Residency for Tuition Purposes Campus Events Choosing a Campus Choosing a Degree Counselor Resources FAQ Getting into the CSU Paying for College Student Services
Contact a Campus
Want to talk directly to your future CSU campus? Reach out to the admissions office of the school you’re interested in to learn more.
San Diego State
Office of Admissions
5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA 92182-7455
Phone: (855) 594-6336;
California freshmen and transfer applicants: 619-594-6336;
Out-of-state freshmen and transfer applicants: 619-594-3983;
International applicants: 619-594-1847
- Apply Home
- Application Dates & Deadlines
- California Residency for Tuition Purposes
- Campus Events
- Choosing a Campus
- Choosing a Degree
- Counselor Resources
- Getting into the CSU
- Paying for College
- Student Services