Your first two years at a California Community College are FREE!
      More information here.




      American River College Admissions

      Folsom Lake College Admissions

      Sac City College Admissions

      Admission Requirements
      You can be admitted to community college if you meet at least one of the following conditions:

      • You are 18 years of age or older, with or without a high school diploma

      • You are a high school graduate

      • You have the equivalent of a high school diploma

      Certificate Programs
      Students interested in obtaining career training without committing to several years of school can earn a Certificate of Achievement in a shorter period of time. Certificate programs are designed for students interested in career training that leads to a specialized career field.  Students who earn certificates can often earn more money than someone who simply holds a high school diploma. Programs vary in length and generally require less than 2 years of full-time study to complete. There is no limit to the number of certificates a student can earn.

      Associates in Arts (AA) and Associate in Science (AS) Degrees
      Students planning to graduate with AA or AS degrees complete a minimum of 60 degree-applicable semester units.

      Associate in Arts for Transfer (AA-T)/Associate in Science (AS-T) for Transfer Degrees
      These are specific Associates Degrees for transfer to the California State University system. These degrees are designed to provide a clear pathway to a CSU major and bachelor degree. Community College students awarded an AA-T or AS-T degree are guaranteed admission with junior standing within the CSU system and given priority admission consideration by their local CSU campus. This priority does not guarantee admissions to specific majors or campuses. More information can be obtained at the community college.

      Transfer Information
      Use http://assist.org to help you select the proper courses at the community college that will meet the specific GED requirements for your major at the CSU or UC to which you plan to transfer. Assist is an online transfer information system that shows how credits earned at one California public college can be applied when transferred to another.

      Academic Enrichment Program
      Sierra College Academic Enrichment Webpage
      If you are interested in enrolling in a Sierra College class while in high school, the first step is to schedule a meeting with you guidance counselor.