Roseville High School Counseling Department
Hello Roseville High Tigers! We hope you are enjoying your summer break. We look forward to seeing you all this new school year. As the new school year approaches, we wanted to share some information with you regarding class schedules.
The process for creating the master schedule starts early in the spring term. At that time, students are given access to course request information and submit their course requests in February. Counselors then meet with students individually or virtually to finalize the students’ course requests.
The RHS master schedule is then built based upon student needs and their course requests. The schedule is constructed so that students are enrolled in courses they must have, and every effort is made to schedule the elective they would like to have. The schedule also takes into account the staff and facility parameters that affect the schedule.
Class Schedules will be available to view in the Aeries Portal/Homelink on August 9th.
The RHS Counseling Department has made every effort to match student needs with available classes. Therefore, there should be no reason for a schedule change unless there is an error on the student’s schedule. Roseville High does not grant schedule changes unless the request meets one or more of the following criteria listed:
- Missing a class period (ex: no 2nd period)
- Wrong level of course (ex: enrolled in Integrated Math 2 but never passed Integrated Math I with a C- or better)
- Two of the same periods (ex: you have two third periods scheduled but no 2nd period)
- Missing a graduation requirement (English 12 is needed for graduation but not listed on course schedule)
- Missing an “a-g” college entrance requirement (ex: have not taken a VAPA yet)
- Enrolled in class already completed (ex: went to summer credit recovery for a class failed)
- Concerns about academic balance (ex: 3 academic classes one term and 1 the opposite term, selected too many academic classes, etc)
- Would like to add an additional academic course (ex: student has decided to add a math class or AP course not previously selected)
Process For Requesting A Class Change:
Students, you will have access to view your class schedule in your AERIES Homelink portal on August 9, 2021. If you see an error that meets the above criteria, you can submit a change request by doing the following:
- Submit your request by completing this form: RHS Request For Schedule Change (form will be made available August 9th)
- Make sure your request meets the criteria or it will not be considered.
- No elective changes can be accommodated at this time.
- Please remember that we are not able to accommodate for teacher changes, period changes, or lunch change requests.
- Please fill in the form accurately and completely to request a change to your Fall and Spring classes. We will not be accepting spring term class changes later in the year so submit any requests for spring term changes at this time.
- If you have more than one request you must fill out a separate form for each request.
- Requests must be submitted online by 11:59 pm on Thursday, August 12, 2021, in order to be considered. All forms submitted before the deadline will be given consideration.
- If your change is approved, you will see it reflected in your AERIES class schedule by Sunday, August 15, 2021.
Please DO NOT email or call your counselor to request a class change. At this time of year, counselors are enrolling new students, reviewing transcripts, building schedules, etc. We will not be able to monitor email and phone requests so please follow the above process.
RHS Counseling Team and RHS Administration Team