• FAFSA - Free Application For Federal Student Aid

    Before each year of college, apply for federal grants, work-study, and loans with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form. Your college uses your FAFSA data to determine your federal aid eligibility. Many states and colleges use FAFSA data to award their own aid. After submission, you’ll receive your Student Aid Report.


    Apply here:


    Creating Your FSA ID


  • Getting Started:

    Complete the FAFSA online at https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa This is the official FAFSA website.

    • Do not go to a .com website. If you go to a .com site, you may be asked to pay to submit the FAFSA. Remember, the first F in "FAFSA" stands for "free" – Use the official government site to submit your application.

    The due date for the FAFSA, if you want to be eligible for Cal Grant, is March 2nd each year. 

    RJUHSD electronically files GPA verifications for ALL current Seniors and last year's Seniors. 

    We DO NOT accept GPA Verification Forms. If you graduated before 2020 and need your GPA verified,
    please email Mrs. Headrick at kheadrick@rjuhsd.us.


    What information will you need to correctly fill out the FAFSA?

    • FSA ID (The FSA ID gives you access to the Federal Student Aid online systems and serves as your legal signature. Parents and students each create FSA IDs. Only create an FSA ID using your own personal information and for your own exclusive use. You are not authorized to create an FSA ID on behalf of someone else, including a family member. Your FAFSA and Cal Grant will need to be renewed every year. Save your FSA ID!)

    • Your Social Security card and driver's license
    • W-2 Forms or other records of income earned
    • Your Federal Income Tax Return
    • Your parents' Federal Income Tax Return, if you are a dependent student (The FAFSA is completed using parent tax information from TWO years prior. Therefore, if you are starting college Fall 2023, you will use tax information from 2021. )
    • Records of other untaxed income received such as welfare benefits, Social Security benefits, TANF or ADC, veteran's benefits, or military or clergy allowances
    • Current bank statements and records of stocks, bonds, and other investments
    • Business or farm records, if applicable
    • Your permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)

    June 30, 2023