WELCOME TO GRANITE BAY ATHLETICS
2019-20Every student wishing to participate in summer activities, tryouts, practices, or contests must be cleared by GBHS Athletics. As a part of the clearance process, every athlete is required to have a yearly physical from a qualified physician and complete the Online Packet one time per school year. The physical must be dated ON/AFTER May 20, 2019 for the 2019-20 school year. Nothing before this date will be accepted. Please follow the directions below to complete the NEW online clearance process.Athletic Clearance must be submitted May 30, 2019 for Summer conditioning programs (Cheer, Cross Country, Football, Volleyball).** Fall Sports Athletic Clearance must be submitted July 31, 2019.
***Any student participating in a Fall or Winter sport must finish the season before trying out for a new sport. The student MUST contact the new Coach, before tryouts, to let them know you wish to tryout for the new sport at the conclusion of the sport you are in.NEW ONLINE CLEARANCE PROCESS
- Players must be cleared before they may tryout by following dates for any sports; July 31, 2019 for Fall sports, October 31, 2019 for Winter sports, and January 29, 2020 for Lacrosse and February 5, 2020 all other Spring sports. Athletic Clearance submitted electronically online only. Athletes may not participate in activities without these items submitted. **Please note it can take 24-48 hours to recieve clearance.
- A 2019-20 school year sports physical is good for all 2019-20 sports seasons (Fall, Winter and Spring).
- A sports physical is needed one time each school year.
We do not accept paper copies of forms for clearance.
Online Athletics Clearance Process
To begin the new clearance process please visit the ATHLETICS CLEARANCE online site to get started. You will have to sign up for each sport your athlete would like to participate in, in order for GBHS to see if they have been cleared or not. Please allow 24-48 hours after you’ve uploaded the physical and completed all of the online portions for the administration to fully clear your athlete. If you have not received an email after that time confirming that your athlete has been cleared, it is probably due to incomplete forms or a failed upload of the physical. Please follow the directions below – there is also a troubleshoot to walk you through going back after the account has been created to upload the physical form. **Please do not email or drop off forms to the Athletic Secretary.
***PLEASE READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE STARTING***
- Print and bring the District Health Exam Form to a medical doctor (MD or DO ONLY) - Physician's clearance - Physician/Medical Facility Official Stamp/name/Date is Required on this form or attach a separate Medical form/letter form medical office. No Exceptions.
- Start the online process at Athletic Clearance – http://www.athleticclearance.com
- Get your athletes STUDENT ID # from them or your Homelink account. If you are an incoming freshman and do not have access to your Homelink account please enter "000000".
- Register for an account – using the parent’s email address
- Once registered, find the Start Clearance Here tab – if you have more than one student-athlete attending GBHS, you will need to add a clearance for each. If your student-athlete plans on playing more than one sport, you will also need to sign up for each sport individually.
- Fill in all of the information on the student information page – NOTE: you must have insurance or purchase the school insurance in order for your student-athlete to be cleared.
- UPLOAD your completed District Health History and Physical Exam Form (BOTH pages) to the site toward the bottom on the student information page. Please make sure not to load it just into the library, but into the spot for the physical itself. If page 2 does not upload together, upload page 2 to: Additional forms **Please do not email or drop off forms to the Athletic Secretary.
- Complete the Parent/Guardian Information page.
- The athlete AND the parent will need to electronically “sign” the required sections.
- Submit the clearance
- You will receive a confirmation email when everything has been submitted and one when your student-athlete has been CLEARED by the school to participate.
- Once you have received the confirmation email that your child has been CLEARED by GBHS Athletics (this may take a couple of days) please print confirmation TICKET TO TRY OUT that must be turned into their coach before they can participate.
- If your athlete would like to participate in more than one sport, each sport has to be signed up for individually. Simply click on the “Start Clearance Here!” and when you hit the “Student Information” page, select your athlete on the drop down option. Most information is saved, including your physical, but some will require you to resubmit. Go through the medical history, parent/guardian info and signatures to be cleared for the additional sports.
The sports physical form MUST be stamped, signed and dated by the Doctor's Office (MD or DO only), no business cards are accepted, no exceptions.***** If your child is attending our sports physical on May 20 or May 22, the Athletic Department will do clear your physical on your account.
Fall Sports – Start Date:
- July 29, 2019 - - Football
- August 5, 2019 - - Cheerleading, Cross Country, Girls Golf, Football, Girls Tennis, Girls Volleyball
- August 19, 2019 - - Water Polo
Winter Sports – Start Date:
- November 5, 2019 - - Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball, Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer, and Wrestling
Spring Sports – Start Date:
- February 3, 2020 - - Boys Lacrosse and Girls Lacrosse
- February 10, 2020 - - Baseball, Boys Golf, Softball, Stunt, Swim and Diving, Boys Tennis, Track and Field, Boys Volleyball