College and Career Center
Roseville High School College & Career Center
Visit the Announcements Page on the left for College & Career Center News!
Check out where the Class of 2023 is headed! The future is looking bright!
Do you have a job? If so, please read the following important information regarding Work Permits. Please allow up to 48 hours for processing.
Work Permit Instructions: Work Permit Applications are available in the College & Career Center (Admin 4) or can be downloaded for printing.
- Download a “Request for Work Permit” application at:
www.rosevilletigers.org > Resources > College & Career Center > Work Permits OR
- The employer completes and signs their section (Work Permits are “location specific” and need Employer Information).
- Obtain parent/legal guardian signature.
- After all sections above (Student Information, Parent Signature, and Employer Information & Signature) are completely filled out, return the “Request for Work Permit” application to the Summer School office for processing.
- The work permit will be processed and ready for pick up within 48 hours.
PLEASE NOTE: A Student must be present when picking up his/her completed work permit, as an original signature is required by students. Incomplete applications will delay processing of your Work Permit. Parents may not sign for students.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: If I have graduated from high school, do I need a work permit?
A: Once a minor is no longer subject to the state's compulsory education laws, he/she is not considered a minor for purposes of the state's child labor laws (labor code 1286[c]). Therefore, a high school graduate does not require a permit and may work in any occupation, even if he/she is under 18 years old.
Q: When do work permits expire?
A: ALL work permits expire August 15th. Work permits issued during the summer and past school year (2021-2022) must be renewed by August 15, 2022, even if you continue to work for the same employer. The process for renewing a work permit requires the same original steps as when you first obtained a work permit (steps above).
PLEASE BE SURE WORK PERMIT IS FILLED OUT COMPLETELY– SEE BELOW
Work Permit Applications* Here
The College & Career Center invites numerous guest speakers to the RHS campus throughout the year, including:
Representatives from University of California campuses.
• Representatives from CSU campuses.
• Representatives from community colleges.
• Representatives from private colleges and universities from across the nation.
• Representatives from vocational and technical schools such as FIDM (Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising), and UTI
• Representatives from all branches of the United States armed forces.
• Representatives from ROTC programs for the Air Force, Army, Navy, and Marines.
The College & Career Center offers:SAT & ACT InformationRegister for SAT: http://sat.collegeboard.orgRegister for ACT: www.actstudent.org Roseville High School CEEB Code: 052690College Information & CatalogsScholarship & Financial Aid InformationWork Permit Request FormsMilitary InformationJob Opportunities: Local employers list available jobs with the College & Career Center
________________________________________________________________________COLLEGE & CAREER CENTER
Mrs. Jacquie Seider
Office Hours: 7:30am-4:00pm*
*Mrs. Seider occasionally takes time away from her desk, going to meetings and visiting college campuses.
The best way to contact her is through email.
Hours: 7:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Location: Administration Building Admin 4
Contact: Jacquie Seider
Phone: (916) 782-3753 ext. 3080