If you are interested in attending IHS either 2nd quarter, October 10th or Spring Semester, January 11th 2023, please read and complete the form below.
Independence High School
- We offer two programs; Independent Study or Middle College. Please complete the interest form below and we will contact you to schedule an appointment.
Independent Study Pathway
- Independent Study is a program offered by RJUHSD which is designed for students who prefer something other than a traditional classroom setting. Independent Study students:
- Have regularly scheduled in person, small group classes for each subject weekly in order to receive instruction and/or help with their coursework.
- Required to complete 1.5 to 2.0 credits each week.*
- Are eligible to participate in sports at the comprehensive high school and take courses at Sierra College.
- Independent Study is for students who:
- Prefer more flexibility in their daytime schedule.
- Need expanded options to address scheduling conflicts due to involvement in sports or extra curricular activities.
- Wish to accelerate their learning to pursue sports, careers or enter college sooner.
- Are self-motivated/desire to actively participate in their own education.
- Middle College Pathway
(Open Spring 2023 9th, 10th and 11th grades)
Middle College is a program offered by RJUHSD designed for students who plan to earn 30-60 college credits while enrolled in high school. Students can participate in sports at their comprehensive sites but are full-time students of Independence High School.
Middle College student expectations:
- Participate in a cohort with other students for 4 years
- Attend required in person IHS courses and online Sierra College courses
- Meet all UC a-g Requirements
- Earn 30 to 60 Transferable College Credits
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA
Please complete the Pathways Interest Form if you are a parent interested in having your student attend Independent Study or the Middle College program at IHS.